Our students may enroll in Advanced Career Training (ACT) by attending any of the City University of New York (CUNY) colleges in the New York City area. To qualify for this program, a student must have a high school diploma or GED (from our center or another educational facility) and have successfully completed a career technical trade at Job Corps. Students must also be in good disciplinary standing and have good attendance.
Students in the ACT program are expected to take a minimum of 12 credit college hours per semester and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5. While in the ACT program, students will continue to enjoy the following benefits from Job Corps:
- Academic advisement, mentoring, and tutoring
- Paid tuition, fees, books, and supplies
- Housing and recreation
- Meals provided by Job Corps, on-and-off center
- Transportation to and from college of choice
- Miscellaneous loan assistance
- On-center computer library
Also, students can stay in Job Corps for a maximum of three years as long as their third year is in the ACT program.